Total Pageviews

11.8.07

Meet Mr.Abhay...

By B Jayakishore

Let me introduce my filmmaker friend Mr.AbhayaSimha to you. Graduate from FTII, talented, Bright and filmmaker of the future. Recently he had organized screening of some of his works in Badami House, Bangalore where they received good critical acclaim from audiences, senior journalists present there. Congrats Abhay!

Well, do you remember Dhoom pachak dhoom, an album from Euphoria group? This song became huge hit among youngsters in 1998. Since then they have released more than 15 albums. Rabjaane was their recent release to which my friend Abhay has directed the video. This was his first national level venture. This later went on becoming hit song in MTV, V channel music album charts.

Abhay's family stays in Mangalore. His Father Ashokavardhana is a famous bookseller there. Mother is a housewife. After completion of his graduation in English and Journalism from St.Aloysius College, he applied for a seat in Film and Television institute of India, Pune, a prestigious institute which gave Indian cinema talents like Nasiruddin shah, Girish kasaravalli to name a few. Abhay finally got a seat there after a tough competitive entrance examination.
After joining FTII Abhay’s perception about cinema has changed a lot, as he got the opportunity to watch best classic movies from all around the world. In his recent article he wrote about veteran Swedish director Ingmar burgman in Udayavani.
Abhay had a great opportunity to visit International film school in Cogne in Germany while he was studying at FTII. It was a talent exchange programme, where he directed a short documentary 'Solo singer and the Blue city'.
Well, Till today Abhay has directed more than ten documentaries, Short video films. I liked his short film "Watch out' a comedy non-talkie video running for about 20 minutes.

'Though Mumbai has got more opportunities than Kannada film industry, I prefer to work for sandalwood. I love my language, my soil. I admire Girish kasaravalli immensely. He is also my role model' concludes Abhay.

All the Best Abhay!

2 comments:

Abhaya Simha said...

Hey... Jaikishore,

thanks for that blog on me. I hope to stand up to your expectations. all the best to you too...

Cheers
Abhaya

Anonymous said...

ask what we can do for india?
is a nice article. thanks

-rohini h s